You are now aware of what search engine optimization (SEO) is and probably know how it works and what makes it an exceptional way to promote and increase your site’s ranking.
Now if I say Local SEO, what exactly comes into your mind first?
An introduction to Local SEO
The internet is probably the world’s largest ocean of information and the number one choice of people looking for information and searching for answers to their queries. The old days of running from store to store looking for an item or going through shops searching for the exact item you want are finally over.
The internet made it so possible to have access to almost everything with just a few clicks of our mouse. The ways of search engine optimization have become one of the most prominent techniques and the latest trend to promote business on the internet. By utilizing and using the perfect keywords and key phrases, anyone can effortlessly draw an increasing number of visitors that could turn into prospects to the website.
However, the worldwide reach of the internet means that small and local enterprises and businesses could get lost in the huge pool of information. Imagine if a person is looking for a café in a particular location. If your café is listed among other cafés from the whole nation, then there is very little possibility that the person looking for a café near him won’t take interest in your shop before even noticing your business’s name.
That is when Local SEO enters. Local SEO services can be a very feasible technique for local businesses. Using a local SEO approach will make your business easier to find and will provide you with a better number of potential customers because it makes you reach them whenever they need your service or want to purchase the product you offer.
Complete Local SEO Checklist
This local SEO checklist will enable you to optimize your website, market your business, and reach your local customers.
Create your Google My Business Listing
– The first step in obtaining a successful Local SEO campaign is by claiming your Google My Business listing. A lot of businesses who want to have a strong local presence fail to do so because they often overlook the value of a verified Google My Business listing.
– Google My Business allows the search engines to give the users the information they need. So, you need to create your own Google My Business page, claim your listing, and verify it.
Reference of Your Location and Important Information
– Make sure that you place your business information and contact number on your website in these five key places (title tag, headings, body copy, meta description, footer). If you are serving more than one location, list all the other addresses on your site’s footer.
– Ensure that all given information (including your site’s name, address, phone number) is consistent every time they are mentioned on your website.
– Adding your location in the URL if you have more than one office can also play a relevant role. You may also add a Google Map to your website so your prospective customers can easily locate you.
Look for Relevant Reviews
– Your customers’ reviews and feedbacks are some of the major factors that play a big role in your business’s success. High-quality and positive reviews from your customers allow other people and prospects to learn more about your company and what kind of products or services you offer.
– You can create a social media strategy and distinguish which sites are known to your customers, prospects, and audience.
– Claim and verify your social media listings, and take advantage of your customers’ testimonials and reviews, and post them on your site.
Submit Local Directories
– Submit your site to authorized local directories and get boost your position in search results. If you are running a local business or service, then submitting local directories to quality and relevant directories is crucial to your success.
– Local directory submissions are extremely important for local SEO, and if the directory is creditable, it could help you in the ranking lists.
Make SEO-friendly URLs
– Most people might not be aware, but search engines appreciate clean and well-created URLs. Search engines, upon noticing a URL will analyze what it links to and how it will help the users and researchers. Create a simple, but compelling and accurate URL for your website or content that contains important keywords.
Use Schema Structured Data Markup
– Schema or structured data markup plays a major role in Local SEO and to businesses with physical locations. By using Schema structured data markup, you are helping Google and other relevant search engines identify and locate your local business.
– Schema provides the information that most search engines need to have a better understanding of your content and enables them to provide the most relevant searches for different queries.
To wrap everything up, Local SEO involves several elements that differ from the general SEO approach. Using Local SEO practices for your business will help you in driving more leads. By utilizing the mentioned local SEO checklist above, you are optimizing your local SEO strategies and help search engines find your business in the easiest ways!